Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ponggal

On the 14h January we came across a procession along Peel Avenue celebrating the Ponggal Festival, the only Indian festival to follow the solar calender. The first day celebrates a good harvest; the second day - Mattu Ponggal - is a worship of cows; on the 3rd day - Kanni Ponggal - maidens pray for a good husband.

In my polo days, I had a great mare called Lady Robyn, which gave me some wonderfull games. One day, a horse unlawfully broke into her stable. The result was a foal, born on January 15. I called him Ponggal Star.

2 comments:

ST said...

Q: Did Ponggal Star have his mum's or his dad's characteristics?

PS: Glad to read your Profile but you are more than an ex-lawyer. My kids checked you out on Google and went away impressed!

LKC Blog said...

Ponggal Star was a disappointment and failed to show signs of promise. So he was sent into exile in Tanjong Rambutan