Monday, February 15, 2010

Tukukor

I was pleasantly surprised when I went to have my glasses fixed - one lens had dropped out when the specs slid off to the floor She fixed it and said nothing I only tied it up she said when I offeed to pay

The tukukor has also come to the rambutan tree to sing his sad song. He sings while I weed the garden

Did you know that crabs are kept covered because mosquitoes have a habit of stinging them in the eye which kills them and so makes them uneatable. I was the only one at table who didn’t know this.

Enjoyed Thai laksa at One Stop plus a helping of delightful coconut ice cream Inevitably there was pulot rice right at the bottom fo the pile. This place is sadly neglected and I llearn that at some floors allyou have to do to use a space is s to promisee that you will keep it clean no rent paid

I am now reading Wolf Hall, a Booker prize winner. The wealth of detail simply takes one’s breath away, you can actually smell the period and feel the pulse of those times. .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is One Stop the shopping center opposite the Adventist Hospital .... ?? Went there yesterday and there is a temp stall selling Thai Food and the Mango rice looks nice but didn't have time to stop. Wee Lee

Diana VW said...

I'm looking forward to reading Wolf Hall and Palace of Illusions after the Malayan Trilogy. I've been curious about Wolf Hall for a while and my mother was recommending Palace of Illusions to me. I still haven't got to the part about the shrimp heads in the Trilogy but will let you know as soon as I do..! How are you? Love, Diana