Sunday, November 29, 2009

Becoming normal

The noisy piling in the air force school has stoppped. The welcome silence allowed me to hear the tekukor call in the morning. I wrote to the Tanjong Bungah Residents Association but had not reply from them. I also wrote to the chief minister’s office. I suspect that the later protest by the residents of Hillside, who feared that piling must imply a four storey building, must have been heard by the city council. Let’s see whether the military are governed by our zoning bylaws. Last year, our opposition, made in answer to a notice from the city council, stopped a 3 storey plan from being successful. I must say that ours is an active road containing very aware residents..

I am sleeping less and less, from 12-13 hours a night to 11-12 and now about 10 and 1/2 hours, a progress that has delighted because it gives me more time for reading and working. I put it all down to the bicycle accident a few years ago when I had a mystery fall from which I had a concussion which lay me down in bed for five days to wake up sleeping 12-13 hours a day which made Barbara misthink, on a visit shortly after the accident, that I had died when at 1.30 pm I was still in bed!

No comments: